family law


November 30, 2017



| Your comment matters, please click here to rate article!

Free Download
Guide through Family Court Proceedings
Get in touch
How to book an appointment
How to appoint a lawyer

Husband worried by wife's attempts to start fights

Question: I am a married Asian man and my wife is always trying to physically fight with me. What can I do to report her?

Answer: If you have the medical proof or witnesses or admission by your wife or any other kind of acceptable evidence, you may file for a criminal case at the nearest police station. She will face a criminal investigation before being transferred to the criminal courts. If she is found guilty, she could face a jail sentence or a fine. The courts also have the discretionary power to add deportation to the sentence in accordance with Article 121 of UAE Penal Code, Federal Law No 3 of 1987. The best time to file a criminal case is within the first three months of the act of physical violence.

Question: My husband left me without any income and is now living with a male friend. I have been left to bear all the expenses alone. He is also threatening me and saying he will create problems for me. How can I protect myself?

Answer: It is your husband's responsibility to fully cover your financial needs. These would include your housing, food, clothes and medication in accordance with UAE Personal Status Law No. 28 of 2005, Article No. 63, which stipulates the following: "1. Alimony includes food, clothing, dwelling, medical care, servicing charges for the wife, if she is performing such services within her family. "2. In assessing the amount of alimony, it shall be taken into consideration the possibilities of the debtor thereof, the circumstances of the beneficiary and the economic situation, in place and time, provided it does not fall below the sufficiency level. "3. In adjudging alimonies of all kinds, fostering and dwelling charges and all conditions on which depends adjudging all these, eye witnessing shall suffice."

Also, Article 74 of the same law, states that "the husband is under obligation to prepare for his wife, at his domicile, a convenient dwelling commensurate with their standing".

If your husband does not fulfill these obligations, you can file a personal status case against him, requesting the court to enforce this, with a backdated effect up to 36 months.

Related Links


No comments found.

Leave a Comment

Your email address will not be published. Required fields are marked *

Want to know more?
Then talk to us.

Client Testimonials

I owe the success of my case to Dr. Hassan's diligent approach. He remained focused, put me at ease and always went the extra mile. Dr. Hassan tirelessly put my case in the best possible light and I cannot thank him enough. I would highly recommend Dr. Hassan - I am grateful to him from the bottom of my heart.

Raphael Lauria
Manager, FME General Trading

Dr. Hassan Elhais is among the best legal consultants I have ever worked with. He has an amazing ability to reduce complex issues into a simple concept that non-legal people can understand. He consistently develops innovative litigation strategies that help us to achieve our ultimate legal goals.

Zhuo Liu

...the extraordinary effort that has been exerted by the staff, and we specially thank Dr. Hassan Mohsen Alhais. Wishing your continues success & excellence...

H.H. Sheikh Saeed Bin
Mohammed Hashir Al Maktoum

I believe everyone should recognize what a difference Dr. Hassan Elhais work has made to people's lives; and especially to our family's life, because we will remain forever grateful to each and every one of his team.

Luis Pozueco

Dr. Hassan Elhais never fears cases that involve exposure and he always gives me his honest assessment of our chances of success, which is invaluable to me.

Bassam Yamout
Director, JM Metal Trading LCC

He aided us not only in providing legal advice but also in all legal issues that required a long term strategic approach to achieve most favorable and optimum outcomes he provided us with high level of professional service.

Philippe Delbecq

Dr. Hassan Elhais is a responsible, reputable counsel who operates to high levels of service.

British Client

Dr Hassan Elhais is responsive, thorough and creative with his advice, and is a valued advisor and legal consultant.

Asma Mattar
Manager, Italian Style

Regardless of the complexity of the matter I know Dr. Hassan Elhais will consider not only legal strategy but also business practicalities in providing advice and litigation options.

Dr. Massimo Hakim
Chairman, Italian Style

I recommend Dr. Hassan Elhais to anyone who says 'I'm in legal trouble'. I was extremely satisfied with the high standard of his work. He has always been there when I have needed him and I refer all my clients, family and friends to him/his firm.

Manish Gupta
Marketing Manager, Express Digital System

Dr. Hassan Elhais was very professional and he listened to my needs. He was very prompt, efficient and always kept me informed. Dr. Hassan Elhais's service was excellent and I would definitely recommend him to friends and colleagues.

James Horsley
British Client

Contact Me

Main Menu

Contact Me