If my husband divorce me who will be the custodian of the kids?


I would like to ask that if my husband gone a divorce me and he has alot of money but I don’t have any thing we both are from pakistan even I m not working but I want my kids me and my kids cannot live without each other in this situation who will be the custodian of kids?



Thank you for your inquiry.

At the outset, we note that you apprehend that your husband may divorce you and you wish to understand regarding the custody of children. Please be informed that in the event of divorce, the court prefers to award custody of minor children to the Mother and make the father the guardian of the children. Wherein, the father is empowered to keep the passport of the children and should provide maintenance for them. Should your husband proceed with registering a divorce and custody case, you may appoint us by way of Power of Attorney to represent you before the UAE Personal Status Court.


The above information might not apply if both parties are non-Muslim. Starting from the 1st of February 2023, UAE issued specific family law to be applied between non-Muslim expat residents in case none of them wanted to apply his/her home country’s law in the UAE. To know more information about this law, please feel free to click this link.

Contact Me

I Agree to Terms and Conditions
Please check this box if you want to proceed.

Select your Language:


Main Menu