I need to cancel my husband’s visa immediately as I need to change to employment visa.


I am a female, divorced by shariah law in Dubai ,and the waiting period is also over ,divorce certificate is issued, I am still sponsored by my ex husband ,he is not cancelling my visa, as he says he has civil case against him, I need to cancel my visa immediately as I need to change to employment visa, or i will lose my job, in this case what can I do? Can I go directly to immigration to cancel it. My visa is Abu Dhabi visa.


Visa issuance and cancellation are at the discretion of the immigration authorities. You may approach the relevant authorities to seek alternative prospects.

If you would want the assistance of an immigration lawyer, please feel free to schedule a consultation meeting with us.

The above information might not apply if both parties are non-muslim. Starting from the 1st of February 2023, UAE issued specific family law to be applied between non-muslim expat residents in case none of them wanted to apply his/her home country’s law in the UAE.
To know more information about this law, please feel free to click this link.

Contact Me

I Agree to Terms and Conditions
Please check this box if you want to proceed.

Select your Language:


Main Menu