Family Guidance Court

Family Guidance court has called me on 6th August.

My wife and I had an argument. My wife brother beat me and both called police to arrest. Police interview everybody and told there is no case here and asked my wife brother to vacate the house. He asked for his sister security. Police assured him but he did not agree. Then my wife decided to go with her brother leaving kids. Then she approached Women and Child abuse center. I don’t know what happened, now she has register a case against me.

My Question:
1. Do I need to take any evidence?
2. What is Jurisdiction Area: Circuit of Reformation and Orientation 5 means?
3. I want to book a case on my wife brother manhandling and mistrust. Please advise?


We understand that your wife has filed an application with the Family Guidance Department. This Department is located within the premises of the Personal Status Courts. They will schedule a hearing where both you and your wife need to attend physically. The Department may attempt to resolve the dispute amicably. If there is no mutual agreement between you and your wife, the Department will refer your matter to the Personal Status Court.

With regards to your complaint against your brother in law, the Police may exercise its discretion to register a complaint subject to the evidence of assault on record.

Should you have any further question, please feel free to meet with us in our office.


The above information might not apply if both parties are non-Muslim. Starting from the 1st of February 2023, UAE issued specific family law to be applied between non-Muslim expat residents in case none of them wanted to apply his/her home country’s law in the UAE. To know more information about this law, please feel free to click this link.

Contact Me

I Agree to Terms and Conditions
Please check this box if you want to proceed.

Select your Language:


Main Menu