الإصدارات / قانون الأسرة

family law


April 14, 2019

Guide through Family Court Proceedings
Get in touch
How to book an appointment
How to appoint a lawyer

My husband had a baby with another woman - can we take the child?

Question: My husband has fathered a child out of wedlock with another woman. He would like to take the baby from the woman after its birth as the woman is unfit to be a mother. Is this possible?

Answer: A sexual relationship between an unmarried couple is a crime in the UAE. The fact that a child was born out of wedlock is evidence of a prohibited physical relationship between your husband and another woman and therefore, the child will be considered illegitimate. Your husband and the other woman may be subject to imprisonment for up to one year and followed by mandatory deportation.

Related Links

تلعب القائمة

اتصل بنا