Publications / Civil Law

civil law


December 24, 2019

Are you a victim of Medical Negligence or Malpractice?

Question: I went to hospital and was prescribed antibiotics. I began to have side-effects after taking the medication. I was admitted to a hospital where I was told I was having an allergic reaction to an ingredient in the medicine. It was an ingredient I had told the first doctor I was allergic to. How can I take legal action against the doctor?

Answer: As per the UAE Medical Liability Law, you may register a medical malpractice complaint with the relevant health authority. The authority will review your complaint, investigate the matter and provide its findings in a report. Based on the report, you may decide to register a criminal complaint with the prosecution services or a civil claim for compensation before the court. You will get more information on your legal position when you meet a UAE-based legal consultant who can advise you on the best course of action.

Related Links



تلعب القائمة

اتصل بنا

I Agree to Terms and Conditions
Please check this box if you want to proceed.