Covid-19 Update for Residents Returning to UAE
Coronavirus has set an unprecedented threat to the society, lifes human beings and the economy of the world. However, the government in most countries have resorted to the traditional ways of dealing with the virus, until a vaccine is released that is quarantine or restrictions to travel.
As in earlier times, it was easy to impose such limitations due to less international travel, however, with the presence of international business curtailing flights and imposing travel restrictions is a big loss to the several companies altogether.
Nevertheless, many countries are lifting such travel restrictions gradually for allowing residents to visit their home or their place of work. Similarly, the government of the UAE has issued new guidelines for residents willing to enter the country or to their employment.
Immigration Lawyers of Dubai will highlight such guidelines in the following paragraphs for your references:
- All the Dubai residents who are holding valid residency visa are now permitted to re-enter the country. However, all the residents shall take prior approval from General Directorate of Residency and foreign affairs in the Emirate of Dubai through the assistance of Emirates Airline.
- The government has allowed only Emirates Airlines in several countries for allowing Dubai residents to visit the country; however, the airlines are restricted to travel with limited passengers in order to prevent the spread of the virus.
- UAE residents holding visa from Emirates other than Dubai would be required to approach the Federal Authority of Identity and Citizenship and shall seek approval for travelling within the country.
- The General Directorate of Residency and Foreign Affairs holds the discretion to accept or reject your application to travel depending upon the reason to travel in the country.
- It is essential for all travelers to carry the approval received from the General Directorate of Foreign Affairs whilst travelling to the UAE.
- With regards to the quarantine procedure, all passengers would be required to undergo the PCR (Polymerase Chain Reaction, as COVID test accepted by authorities) test and would be required to stay within the house until the results are out and in case the result for corona is positive the authority will require the passenger to stay put and follow quarantine.
- In addition, the authorities will be required to provide a declaration regarding the confirmation to bear the expenses for treatment for COVID-19 either through the insurance or from their own pocket.
- It is important for all passengers to download Al Hosn COVID-19 application in their mobiles.
The afore-mentioned guidelines issued by the Government of Dubai is a joint effort of the airlines and the government and are subject to changes as we evolve in the corona situations. Therefore, all our readers are advised to approach the relevant authorities or Legal Consultants to seek a proper update on the guidelines issued by the government and shall take all precautionary measures before travelling to UAE or travelling outside the country. We sincerely hope you and your family are safe and practicing safe health and hygiene practices to avoid direct contact with the virus.