March 02, 2022
The domestic worker's law exists to ensure that the rights of the domestic workers are protected and that they are guaranteed safe as well as beneficial employment opportunities in the UAE.
February 03, 2022
The new labour law has been implemented with the twin objectives of ensuring the efficiency of the UAE’s employment sector by retaining its allure in attracting and maintaining the best, competent and future skills-driven workforce and thus providing an attractive business environment for employers in the country.
December 13, 2021
The United Arab Emirates recently introduced the Federal Decree-Law no. 33 of 2021 on the ‘regulations of labour relations’, which came into effect on 2nd February 2022 (“new labour code”).
October 07, 2021
This being a world event, one that has been meticulously planned to exceed expectations and to set new records. Nothing has been left to chance here, and this includes ensuring the highest standards of worker welfare.
September 18, 2021
Pursuant to the Federal Law No. 8 of 1980 on the regulations of labour relations and its amendments ("UAE labour law") the employment contracts can be of two kinds 'limited term contract' and 'unlimited term contracts'.
September 15, 2021
UAE offers lucrative job offers, and ex-pats are highly enthusiastic about building a career and life in the UAE. The UAE’s ex-pat population constitutes almost ninety per cent of its total population, and ex-pats find that UAE offers them a peaceful and tax-free environment.
August 25, 2021
The UAE labour law thus has detailed provisions that guarantee the safety and well-being of the workforce.
February 24, 2021
A COVID-19 middle east survey provides that 64 percent of the employers had allowed the employees to carry forward the unused leaves (owing to the pandemic) to the following year but the other 36 percent of the employers had this uncertainty as to whether they will allow such carry forward or not
January 27, 2021
This phase is anticipated to bring out a positive effect in the circumstances prevailing from the pandemic not only in the country but worldwide.
June 08, 2020
If you are reading this article written by Employment Lawyers of Dubai, we presume you are most probably an employer who is willing to re-open his facility to get things started again, during the pandemic.
May 16, 2020
The current situation poses a great question to the businesses as to how they are signing contracts or documents in the current situation.
May 02, 2020
The Federal Law number 8 of 1980 on UAE Labor Law governs all major issues with regards to employment in private sector of UAE, including, but not limited to the working hours of the employees.
March 30, 2020
MOHRE has issued this Resolution in line with the UAE Labor Law and to safeguard the interest of employers and employees during this pandemic.
November 13, 2019
On the off chance that you have recently been terminated from your employment with or without reasons and you might ponder whether your employer was within his rights to terminate you.
December 01, 2014
Employees are eligible for Gratuity at the end of completing a full years of service. This gratuity is calculated as 21 days of salary.
January 26, 2012
Some Employees do not know their rights upon the termination of their employment contracts, so the issue has to be carefully considered.
Total Publications: 16